Pages

Friday, 21 October 2016

A Flippen good time

This is my recount I have been working on. I hope you get ideas on what we did well and what I did wrong. My learning was to  make a focussed interesting story instead of a big long story that goes on and on.  I also learnt how to short interesting sentences with action


                                  Kayaking In Rarotonga
On one hot sunny afternoon Pahoran, Tanner  Vera and I  were having a swim in the pool. My cousin Pahoran said, “Should we go for a kayak.” We said, “Yes come let's go get some kayaking gear. So we all went to the hire place and got some booties and  kayak paddles.

Then we put them on and went down to the beach and got 3 kayaks I was so excited go kayaking with my cousins . When we got the kayaks we all pushed them down into the water.  I pushed my one out and jumped in and so did Tanner, Vera and Pahoran. At first we all went right out in the deep end but Pahoran said, “Yous be careful.” We replied ok.

Then I thought to myself let’s make this a fun hilarious day. So I snuck up to Vera and swam over to her kayak I went under it and I flipped her kayak and SPLASH I flipped her over. Then me Tanner and Pahoran  started cracking up It was as funny as watching the worlds funniest vines because she just flopped into the water and went ahhhh!. She swam back up to her kayak and hopped back on I said, “Haha shame.” She replied “I am going to get you back now.”

After a bit I said, “Should we have a competition and see who can push each other off the kayaks the most. They Replied ok. So we hopped in two teams of two. It was me and Pahoran against Tanner and Vera. I Shouted “ON YOUR MARKS GET SET GO!” Me and Pahoran paddled as fast as we could up to Vera and Tanner they started to try and paddle away but, Me and Pahoran got to them before they could go anywhere.

They Screamed Ahh”! Paddle away but it was too late.  Pahoran had already swam over to their kayak. He swam under Tanner’s one and flipped him off his kayak. A few minutes later I swam under Vera’s kayak and flipped her off we cracked up again. Pahoran remarked come on Amira let's hop on our kayak and paddle away. Good idea. We went as quick as we could and paddled away we were like Lisa Carrington having a race in the Rio Olympics. Breeze in my hair. Paddles were going crazy. Water was splashing in my face. Vera and Tanner came up to us and flipped us off our kayaks.

Finally a little while later Uncle Simon came down to the beach and said come for lunch now. We were starving, all we could eat while we were kayaking was salt water. We quickly paddled to shore and pushed our kayaks back onto the racks. We were cold but before we went back to our hotel room we had to do
one last thing. JUMP IN THE POOL of course. We all sprinted over to the pool and bombed in. We went back to our room and got our money. We said to Uncle Simon Uncle we are going to get a nice cold ice chocolate he replied ok then. So we ran to the bar and got a ice chocolate It was delicious.

I had A fun day with my cousins kayaking and pushing each other off the kayaks in Rarotonga. Hopefully we can do that again someday.
                                                                    The End

3 comments:



  1. Hi Amira! I'm Freya from Paihia School. I love your story! It’s very descriptive. Remember when someone is talking, it always goes on a new line. You have some amazing talent for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amria, Im Malia from Kawakawa primary school, I really like your writing about Kayaking. I have never been kayaking but I bet it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amira, you have kept your writing focused on one event and this has strengthened the development of your ideas. Well done. My advice is to work on consistency with your punctuation. Commas, questions marks and speech marks. You have missed many speech marks in your writing, can you spot them?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.