~The AWESOME Matariki Marae Noho ~
Last week on a cold Thursday morning, I arrived at school with my big bag of luggage. I headed
into the Library were room 3, 4 and 5 was. I placed my bag on the ground and went over sommore
of the rules because we were going to the Kohewhata Marae for a Matariki noho. After a while
the buses arrived at school, we put our bags into the bus and hopped on. When I got seated I
sat by Sally and I was next to the arm rest. The arm rest was like a gear stick. Then all of a
sudden BBRRR IIII MMM BBRR IIMM there we went off to the marae.
into the Library were room 3, 4 and 5 was. I placed my bag on the ground and went over sommore
of the rules because we were going to the Kohewhata Marae for a Matariki noho. After a while
the buses arrived at school, we put our bags into the bus and hopped on. When I got seated I
sat by Sally and I was next to the arm rest. The arm rest was like a gear stick. Then all of a
sudden BBRRR IIII MMM BBRR IIMM there we went off to the marae.
When we arrived at the marae we took our bags into the Whare Kai.
Then it was time for the powhiri, we had to take off our shoes because there was a
GIANT puddle and we didn’t want to get our shoes wet. We went to go and stand by
the front gate and waited for Whaea Mary to start the powhiri. Then after we all stopped
talking and mucking around she started the call so we started walking slowly into the Marae.
When we got into the Marae we sat down and did a karakia and papa Vic, Matt, Miss Simeon
and others did a mihi.
Then it was time for the powhiri, we had to take off our shoes because there was a
GIANT puddle and we didn’t want to get our shoes wet. We went to go and stand by
the front gate and waited for Whaea Mary to start the powhiri. Then after we all stopped
talking and mucking around she started the call so we started walking slowly into the Marae.
When we got into the Marae we sat down and did a karakia and papa Vic, Matt, Miss Simeon
and others did a mihi.
A few mihi’s later we went back into the Whare kai and got into our groups so that we could do
some activity’s. But us year 8’s were cooking in the kitchen with Whaea Ursula. So us year 8’s
headed into the kitchen to start cooking. We got into the kitchen I said, “Hi Whaea Ursula”.
She replied, ‘Hello Amira.” We went over the menu and got into groups for what we were doing.
Me and Iverson were on the bread we had to make 2 loads of bred but I had to make 3 loads
because one was for the fried bread and one was for the hot dogs.
some activity’s. But us year 8’s were cooking in the kitchen with Whaea Ursula. So us year 8’s
headed into the kitchen to start cooking. We got into the kitchen I said, “Hi Whaea Ursula”.
She replied, ‘Hello Amira.” We went over the menu and got into groups for what we were doing.
Me and Iverson were on the bread we had to make 2 loads of bred but I had to make 3 loads
because one was for the fried bread and one was for the hot dogs.
We headed over to our station and made up the yeast mixture. We had to let it rise for a
little bit so while we were waiting we got our dry ingredients ready in a big bowl.
After we had waited about 10 minutes for the yeast to rise we poured it into the
dry ingredients and mixed it all up it started going into a sticky dough so once we
had mixed it we had to knead it into some flour until it came into a nice soft non
sticky dough my one turned out pretty good but unfortunately Iverson’s one turned
out hard she tried adding water but it just went harder.
little bit so while we were waiting we got our dry ingredients ready in a big bowl.
After we had waited about 10 minutes for the yeast to rise we poured it into the
dry ingredients and mixed it all up it started going into a sticky dough so once we
had mixed it we had to knead it into some flour until it came into a nice soft non
sticky dough my one turned out pretty good but unfortunately Iverson’s one turned
out hard she tried adding water but it just went harder.
After a million years of kneading we put the bread back into the bowl and glad wrapped
it so we could put it into the steamer to rise so it would become BIGGER when we had
finished our bread and the others finished their jobs. Then it was time for a break so
we quickly set the table then we went into our groups and we went to do our Activities
My first activity was with Whaea Mary and we were doing imprints.
it so we could put it into the steamer to rise so it would become BIGGER when we had
finished our bread and the others finished their jobs. Then it was time for a break so
we quickly set the table then we went into our groups and we went to do our Activities
My first activity was with Whaea Mary and we were doing imprints.
The first thing we had to do was get a piece of clay glad wrap it and push it down do
it would turn into a squashed ball. When we had squashed it down we went into the
Whare Tupuna and we had push the clay into the pattern you wanted and it would
push into the clay like a mould but a pattern of your choice I did my and it was from
Rakaumangamanga it turned out alright but you could not see it that much but I used
a skewer and went over the pattern with it so you could see it more. Then we put them
on a piece of paper with our names on and the tupuna we got it from.
it would turn into a squashed ball. When we had squashed it down we went into the
Whare Tupuna and we had push the clay into the pattern you wanted and it would
push into the clay like a mould but a pattern of your choice I did my and it was from
Rakaumangamanga it turned out alright but you could not see it that much but I used
a skewer and went over the pattern with it so you could see it more. Then we put them
on a piece of paper with our names on and the tupuna we got it from.
Then we did a few more activity’s and then it was time for lunch dinner we had fired bread,
steamed cabbage, cottage pie and more when even had plum pie with custard and ice cream
for dessert. It was so yum a I couldn’t believe we made it. When we had finished our big
load of dinner it was time for bed. We went into the Whare Tupuna and we set up our
matrixes and put our blankets and pillows on our beds.
steamed cabbage, cottage pie and more when even had plum pie with custard and ice cream
for dessert. It was so yum a I couldn’t believe we made it. When we had finished our big
load of dinner it was time for bed. We went into the Whare Tupuna and we set up our
matrixes and put our blankets and pillows on our beds.
Then we got some of us had a shower and got changed into our Pajamas then hopped into bed.
That night I had a good sleep. I learnt heaps about Matariki and one of our teachers even got
up early in the morning a saw the Matariki stars. And that was the first day at the Marae wow
I wonder how fun the next day will be.
That night I had a good sleep. I learnt heaps about Matariki and one of our teachers even got
up early in the morning a saw the Matariki stars. And that was the first day at the Marae wow
I wonder how fun the next day will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.