Pages

Monday, 22 August 2016

Check Out My Book Review

Monday 22nd August 2016


Aug 22, 2016 1:31:32 PM.jpg
     My Book Review
Finding China
This book is mostly about a girl named Natalie that lived in Dunedin and traveled to Shanghai China without her parents. She went to school there for 6 weeks her school was called Ping-He. She went to Shanghai because her dad’s family is from China. Where Natalie lives (Dunedin) the population is 120 000 and Shanghai's population is 13 million. They had to be showered dressed and ready for school at 6:30 am Classes started at 7:00am and finished at 5.00pm and they had 1 hour for homework each night. They had no privacy because there was no doors. They had steamed buns filled with vegetables and meat for breakfast for lunch they had rice with cold prawns or pork and vegetables and dinner will be soup, rice, vegetables and meat and gravy. Sometimes when Natalie did not like the food she would go to bed hungry.

Thank You for looking at my book review I hope you enjoyed it. I learnt what school is like in China. Do you read books? maybe you should check this book out.

7 comments:

  1. Kia ora Amira. Thanks for sharing your book review. Life in China at school seemed quite full-on don't you think? 7 to 5 plus an hour of homework. How do you think your life would change if you had to do this? Would it be better or worse for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Matua Chris thank you for your awsome comment and it would be so much worse

      Delete
  2. Kia ora, Amira, my name is Amber and I am in Rm 22 at Owairaka District School. I really admire your China book review. It made me think of when my dad went to China for his job and brought me back a book because he knew I really liked books. Have you thought about using WOW words that hook the person that is reading your story about your china book review? I hope you get a chance some day to see my learning blog and if you want to take a look at it here is the blog address http//:odsamberma.blogspot.co.nz
    Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Amber thank you for commenting on my blog. Wow your dad must have had fun in china. I will check out your blog

      Delete
  3. Buenos diaz Amira.
    I am Jasmine from Gilberthorpe School in Christchurch.
    I love this post because you have given a good explanation of China. It's good you have included what you learned and put it into your own words, ka pai and keep up the awesome work.
    If you would like to view my blog this is the address
    http://gpsjasminec.blogspot.co.nz/

    If you would like to go to our class blog this is the address:
    http://rimuclass2016.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine for you comment and sure I will go have a look on your blog

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jasmine for you comment and sure I will go have a look on your blog

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.